I had gotten this lovely note that said in part that they were graduate students in the Clinical Psychology doctoral program at the University of Houston. For one of their courses they had been asked to gain a better understanding of a specific group of individuals. This will help them in the future if they happen to conduct therapy with those individuals. This group wanted to try and understand more about the experiences of survivors of MST. There were 3 of them and they brought some yummy chocolate chip cookies for us. Yes.. chocolate helps with my PTSD, yanno, pleasurable feelings. Mmmmm!
Anyways.. here is the questions and answers:
· What are some barriers that might dissuade/prevent MST victims from seeking support or help while enlisted? Well, the ridicule and being thrown out of the military is a good start. Having your life destroyed before everyone else’s eyes. Yeah.. something like that.
- Enemy In The Wire - Blog
- A Males Life After Rape - Blog
- Vet Wow - Help Filing MST Claims
- Mandalas Coloring Book - Support
- Vet Center Home - Support/Resource
- MyDuty.MIL - Resource
- The Invisible War - The Movie
- Protect Our Defenders -Support/ Resource
- My Duty To Speak - Support/Resource
- Military Rape Crisis Center -Support/ Resource