Friday, June 15, 2012

Vet Center's

I am posting a link to the Vet Center info page, so that any that come along and don't know about them and how they are helping both combat vets, and MST vets can find out. Here is a link to a description of the Day in the Life of a Vet Center .

If you don't know about Vet Centers... take some time and check them out. You don't have to be in any system, just have your DD214, or I think they can help you get it.  For me, they were the difference between being sane, and nuts.  Really.  If I hadn't been able to get in and be seen.. gosh.. I dunno. And as I told Dr. J today, getting in to see her has been a real blessing too.  I'm still waiting for my first Dr apt here in Tx, and it's not till the 31st of July. GEEEEESH!  So otherwise, this would be one nuttty vet just trying to deal with it all by herself.  Well.. with a few good friends to help, but none of them are head docs... well. one is.. but I've imposed enough on him over the years, and he was one of the folks who wrote a support letter for me. 

Some Vet Centers also have groups...if you can get into a group, even better.  The one here rocks! I love the other ladies in the group.  Is it good or bad that the squids have the most numbers in the group? Not good I think.  We didn't have a group at the Vet Center in Sacramento, but my friend devyn (hi dev! waves at her) says she is going to one thru the Mather Field VA and it's pretty good.  I was thrilled to find a group here in TX, it's something I look forward to a lot.


Anyways.... get thee to a Vet Center if you are a Combat or MST vet.. really....I mean REALLY! 

Anyways.. more resources,
Over and out,
Myst

No comments:

Post a Comment