Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Note from a Group Member



 

 
Good Morning All,

When I got the note about doing the MST questionnaire, I had sent it out to the other Ladies of the Group to see if any of them wanted to do it. I included the questions and the email address of the lady doing the arranging so folks could just write her back directly.  But, I did get this note from one of our Ladies, and she sent me this back, with permission to share it. So I gave a printed copy to the students, but I also wanted to post it here, because it's words from a fellow survivor, and every word we can share has some importance on the subject. So, here are hers:

"These are very thought provoking questions. It's too heavy to answer right now. I will get back to it at a later time though. However, I would like to say, I have always believed that the military not only had a "boys club" mentality but a "good Ol boy/golden boy" set of rules that I believed  women were excluded from.  I never felt safe or protected in the service. My experiences in basic training with my male training instructor somewhat set the tone for how I perceived males in the military were  going to be. This also  confirmed all my inner suspicions as a young girl about men in general.  Naive and wanting to believe the best in the opposite sex would ultimately change my family dynamics and affect/effect all of male relationships. Life and all of it's innocence changed forever. I wish I knew then what I know now, "always trust your belly"  God gave women intuition or instincts for a reason.  God luck with this!"

I can so relate to her words, and I hope that they will remind others, that that 'gut' feeling we get, needs to be listened to!  
Myst, 
Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment